SCM-Manager - Recap 2021
Posted on 2022-01-03 by Eduard Heimbuch
Hey SCM-Manager Community,
It's the first Monday of the new year, and we just started working on the next major features to improve your SCM-Manager experience. But before going forward we wanted to do a little recap and share our SCM-Manager highlights of 2021.
We had 16 feature releases in the last year including these big changes:
- Repository Import and Export for Git, HG and Subversion
- Frontend refactored to utilize react-query which dramatically improved performance
- Metrics for SCM-Manager which can be collected with the related plugins as JSON or OpenMetrics
- Global Notification System
- Repository Mirroring with the Repository Mirror Plugin
- Global search for most entities in SCM-Manager
- Complete overhaul of the repository overview
- Added High Contrast Mode and improved accessibility in general
- Introduction of the Cloudogu Plugin Center (with more features to come)
Besides the core changes, we also created some useful plugins which can lift your SCM-Manager workflows up to a new level. We cannot go into the details of all the new plugins here, but we strongly recommend having a look at the following:
- Gotenberg Plugin - Renders office files like Word or Excel inside your SCM-Manager file view
- Landingpage Plugin - Adds additional relevant information to each user's repository overview page
- Content Search - Enables search for content inside files of your repositories
The SCM-Manager is getting bigger and more complex with every release. We are aware of this and work on making plugin development easier and more accessible for everyone. If you are interested in developing your own SCM-Manager plugins we would love to share our knowledge with you and support your plugin.
Some months ago we released a guide on how to create your first SCM-Manager plugin. You can read this three part series on the Cloudogu Blog. It is based on the development of the Custom Links Plugin.
Even with the world going crazy it seems the last year was not that bad for SCM-Manager. We still have many cards up our sleeves to deliver many exciting features. If you would like to share this journey with us, feel free to join our community and provide your input.