The plugin enables the following features to integrate Atlassian JIRA to SCM-Manager:
- Turn issue keys in changeset descriptions to links for jira
- Updates a Jira issue if the issue key is found in a changeset description
- Close a Jira issue if the issue key and a auto close (close, fix, resolve, ...) word is found in the changeset description
- Enable remote api calls in jira (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+XML-RPC+Overview)
- Install scm-jira-plugin over the plugin center in scm-manager
- Be sure that your jira installation accepts remote calls
- Configure the plugin, select a repository to enable the scm-jira-plugin for this repository
- Note: For the auto close and update feature it is necessary that users have the same names and passwords in SCM-Manager and Jira
From version 1.17 the plugin offers the possibility of mapping auto close words with transition that are configured in JIRA.
- Auto Close Words are a comma separated list
- Auto Close Words are not case sensitive
- Auto Close Words can contain spaces
- If the Auto Close Word is identical to the transition name, just add the transition name to the list (e.g. transition name = start progress --> Auto Close Word = start progress)
- If the Auto Close Word is different from the transition name you have to use the mapping function (e.g. transition name = start progress, Auto Close Word = begin --> you have to add 'begin = start progress' to the configuration of the plugin.